MySGI is the fast, convenient way to manage your account with SGI.
Registering for MySGI
The following steps will allow you to register and log in to your new MySGI account. All of the personal information on your MySGI account will remain private.
- Register your email address with SGI
To ensure that your privacy and information is You may visit or phone HAL...Your Insurance Destination at 1-306-653-4066 or call the SGI Customer Service Center at 1-800-667-9868. On the phone, we will verify your identity and add your email address to your profile.
- Request an activation code
Direct your browser to MySGI and follow the instructions on the registration screen to obtain an activation code. You will need to enter some additional information to verify your identity. Upon completion the activation code will be sent to the email address that SGI has on file for you. (If you are having problems receiving the activation code, double check that it did not get routed to your junk mail folder.)
- Register your Account
Once the activation code has been sent, you will return back to the MySGI website following the link provided in your email. You will now complete the registration process.
- Set up your new Account
You will be directed to create a username and password of your choice. You will use this information for all your future logins to MySGI.
- Select HAL...Your Insurance Destination
Select HAL...Your Insurance Destination from the drop down menu.
- Step 6: Complete a transaction
You are now registered! You will be able to view your personal information and the eligible transactions you can complete online.
Completing a Transaction on MySGI
With MySGI you can do all of the following from the comfort of your home: Annual driver’s licence payments, Cancel vehicle registrations, Change your preferred method of correspondence, Update your personal information, Print an SDR Safe Rating History letter, Pay a receivable, Complete your Registration Eligibility Declaration, Renew your vehicle, Replace your Driver’s Licence or Identification Card, Request Drivers Abstracts and Schedule a Road Test!
- Select the SGI Online Service button on our web page, this will take you directly to the SGI website.
- Click the “Sign In” button beside the words “MySGI” in the right hand corner.
- You will be redirected to a new page. You are given the option to search for an SGI Issuer by name, city or postal code. Type “HAL…Your Insurance Destination” in the box provided under “Name.” and click Search.
- Your search results will appear. Select the radio button beside HAL…Your Insurance Destination and select the “Submit” button one more time.
- You will be redirected to a new page. In the first box on the left hand side select the words “Sign in” one last time.
- A new page will load allowing you to enter your username and password. Once you have correctly entered your login information, you will see a screen displaying your personal information and a menu on the left hand side featuring the eligible transactions you can do using MySGI services.
- Select the transaction from the menu on the left hand side and follow the easy step-by-step instructions to complete the transaction online.
At HAL Insurance, we're always happy to lend a helping hand. If you'd like assistance with MySGI or any of your insurance needs, please don't hesitate to call or contact us.